Non standard slewing rings
Whatever the application, we can help!
A vast number of ball, double row ball, crossed roller and other slewing ring designs are catalogued by the major manufacturers and long experience in the industry has allowed us to compile a significant database of interchange information.
We have some of the best calculation software available and can design "1-off" specials far quicker than larger companies (that's what our clients tell us!) and have a significant database of "in house designs" on which to draw.
Older equipment may be based on imperial bearings (e.g. Taperex) or have odd gearing geometry (27deg pressure angle anyone?). We can offer suitable replacements based on modern practice.
Some interesting and recent projects include:
- Stainless steel slewing rings for a high radiation area in a nuclear power plant
- High precision wire race bearings for an optical turret system
- A 7 ton triple row bearing for use offshore
- Mobile X-ray scanners
- Large diameter ring gears and pinions for a 32m vertical spooler
- Wind turbine blade bearings
- Slew rings for an offshore wind turbine foundation drilling ring (6 drive motors; 1 000 000 Nm torque!)
- Military radar systems
- Slew rings for an underwater FPSO mooring system
- Split slew rings for easy assembly on-site
When you call NBC Technical you are dealing DIRECTLY with the engineering staff .
Call us NOW on (01952) 222300 for immediate and professional attention. Or submit your application requirements using the Design Form, and submit with a sketch of your application to email@example.com
Excellence in rotation!