WGR Rotation Drives
The WGR Rotation Drives consist of a worm shaft and gearing system with an integral pinion shaft, which will engage with any matching spur gear slewing ring to effect rotation. Both Metric and US spur gears can be supplied.
Two basic sizes have been developed and found successful application in the mobile crane industry, and simple materials handling devices.
|Size||Nominal output torque||Ratio||Weight|
|900 Nm||30:1||23 kg|
|2823 Nm||44:1||52 kg|
- As the output is an integral pinion-shaft, matched to a specific slew ring gear, these units are only imported to order
- All subject to factory verification of suitability
- Maximum output speed 16 rpm
- Available in left or right hand motor drive side configuration
The dimension plans below indicate the basic dimensions of the WGR Rotation drives. Final part references will be discussed with clients as required.
WGR 72 General dimensions
WGR 114 General dimensions
Part numbering system
The final part number is dependent on input shaft size and required output gear. e.g.
|Rotation drive||Size||Reduction ratio||Input shaft||Hex head non drive side||Right hand motor||Pinion size|
Input shaft options
Standard stock units are imported with 25mm input shaft for standard hydraulic motors.
ø12mm, ø14mm, ø16mm, ø20mm and a 6B Spline are optional
Installation and maintenance
Transportation and general handling
- Avoid impact damage which may damage gear teeth and the factory preset backlash.
- Clean the rotation drove using any cold solvent before installation
- Grade 10.9 bolts with hardened washers is recommended
- The use of spring washers is not recommended
- Check bolt tightness after 100 hours of operation, thereafter at least annually during routine maintenance.
- WGR rotation drives are factory filled with a lithium base EP grease suitable for operation in environments from -20°C to +120°C
- The grease should be refreshed every 3 months by injection through one of the 2 grease ports on the housing, with old grease being expelled through the other, the choice of which will depend on the orientation of the unit in situ. The amount required is tabulated below.
- Suitable grease equivalents include Total Multis EP 0 and Mobilux EP 0
|WGR size||WGR 72||WGR 110||WGR 114|
|Grease fill (ml)||350 - 400||1200 - 1300||1700 - 1800|